Why use Linear Storage Solutions
- SEMA (Storage Equipment Manufacturers Association) trained and qualified inspector
- All inspections are carried out in accordance with the SEMA Racking Inspection guidelines
- Linear store all inspection reports online for easy access, creating a clear historical record
- We issue a list of all RED RISK items on the day of the rack safety inspection so immediate action can be taken on those items
What we provide
- An easy to read jargon-free racking inspection report
- A visual layout guide to any damaged racking with pictures illustrating the type of damage
- A detailed list of the damaged components along with their specifications
- Information highlighting any additional operational / housekeeping issues we feel should be brought to your attention
- We can train your staff to carry out weekly inspections correctly
Frequency of inspections
This will depend on a variety of factors, which will be different for each installation. Just as you would have your accounts audited once a year, we recommend that you have an annual racking inspection. More frequent inspections may be required if your warehouse has a high level of activity. It is a good idea to carry out weekly inspections and we would encourage you to ask us about training your staff to do this. If you notice any damage and want a second opinion, please send us a photo and we’ll be more than happy to offer advice.
It is important to keep records of all inspections. Even in new facilities, inspections are important. Occasional damage, stresses over time, changes in the loads being stored, beam levels being altered – all pose risks.
Get in touch
Based in Bournemouth or Poole in Dorset, Portsmouth or Southampton, Hampshire, Somerset, West Sussex or Wiltshire? If you are looking for pallet racking repair and maintenance information or need to arrange a warehouse racking inspection, give us a call on 0800 917 1103 or get in touch using the form for a free no obligation quote.